Thursday, March 18, 2010

a small peace of mind

daily melody: Queen "Bohemian Rhapsody"
[song hold A LOT OF memories]

The postcards for my exhibition are ordered!
[thus the need for the title of this post]

I'm sure out of the group of Studio Art children that I'm the last to order my cards. I thought this would be a much larger burden, but in the end when I confirmed my order and selected the shipping method...I saw priority and 7-day delivery. The anxiety lifted a bit.

collaged with love and hand-done
the way I roll.

The background consists of gold spray paint [love, love, love spray painting ANYTHING!], then found images of analog televisions [alluding to ones I will be using in my show], text, and a little old school magic I cannot give up.

I have exactly 29 days until the opening of my exhibition, which I named Theatrical Electric.
And I suppose since I've officially ordered my cards with money I don't have, nor will not be receiving due to loan mis-communication/graduation fees [bullshit] I guess I'm staying til the end if I can make it to graduation.

I know the term and feeling of a starving artist, and those feelings are seeming to rear their heads up again. And uncannily, as they did this time last year....I'm pretty broke and the weather is nice. I should be blesses that at least during the poorest of my poor-20-something-artist times I experience, it is during the spring/summer time when at least it is warm and pleasant. Maybe someone is keeping an eye out for me.

So I'll be rampaging through the entirety of my belongings to sell and auction off on eBay and craigslist.


bye-bye manga, anime, and whatever else I can part with.

becoming too materialistic is over-rated anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment