Friday, March 26, 2010

sleepless in central new york

daily melody: As Tall As Lions "Ghost of New York"

It is currently 12:20am in Central New York State and I am currently residing from the basement of a campus building at my school [which is also used as an art classroom, one of which I have] with [thankfully!] two lovely ladies who had a similar drive to just create art into the wee hours of the night. All while refusing to be kicked out be campus security.

I'm getting very tired after an exhausting night last night in another campus building, the newly named Reisman Hall [large sum donation=name on building] in the more tech-savvy Art & Design building until 4am refining my portfolio and assortments. Needless to say, I was a very wiped girl waking up at 8am to try and print my portfolio [again].

It was two unsuccessful attempts.
And too much wasted good gloss printer paper too.

Why is it the body can just keep on going sometimes? I was pondering that very question today when I was thinking about how much harmful things we consume and put ourselves around with on a daily basis. Why is it so difficult to conceptualize an environment filled with beneficial and effective thing?


I am successfully armed with 14+ cans of spray paint [very happy moment in my life!] with the fabulous Montana spray paint, a jolly red shopping basket full of acrylic paints, three brightly painted found television sets, in a content corner of a room I can proudly call my own.

I wish I could post photos this very moment.
I'm taking them with my phone for some kind of documentation, and can hopefully get them off somehow...



....really need a digital camera....

No comments:

Post a Comment