Saturday, March 6, 2010

movie: fantastic mr. fox

daily melody: New Young Pony Club "Before The Light"

I almost completely forgot that Wes Anderson came out with a new film! Shame on me and my falling out on this handsome delight's films. As you can gather, I am a Wes Anderson fan and adore all his movies, even if some people find them repetitive and predictable.

I find your films quite charming, Mr. Anderson, and I love the uniqueness found in the peculiar or average lives some people live.
source
Though this image is kind of awkward, I think the jacket is very suiting in numerous ways.
I think Wes is a fox anyways...


I enjoyed the synapses left on the Internet Movie Database, so I thought I would share:

Fantastic Mr. Fox
2009

[ It is the story of one Mr. Fox and his wild-ways of hen heckling, turkey taking and cider s
ipping, nocturnal, instinctive adventures. He has to put his wild days behind him and do what fathers do best: be responsible. He is too rebellious. He is too wild. He is going to try "just one more raid" on the three nastiest, meanest farmers that are Boggis, Bunce and Bean. It is a tale of crossing the line of family responsibilities and midnight adventure and the friendships and awakenings of this country life that is inhabited by Fantastic Mr. Fox and his friends. ]
source



This movie was a very cute and visually appealing [if you enjoy stop-motion animation, claymation, or more crude less computer animation]. It was a good eat-dinner-and-cuddle-on-the-couch-with-coffee kind of movie and was spent exactly in that way with my Nicholas. The voice actors are to be expected in a Wes Anderson film, and serve as a delightful familiarity [at least for me...] in this film about the creatures of the woods.

I've heard there's been some mixed reviews on the film, the choice of animation and execution, and the choice of director and direction....but it is not among the films I have sat through, watched, and regretted watching after.

...oh! and I just happen to have a crush on Jason Schwartzman


source
source

Worth a see with your lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment