Friday, March 26, 2010

by the way, i'm now blonde!

daily melody: Daedelus "Fair Weather Friends"

Jam-packed week as usual, though one of the most productive, and best I have had in awhile, and this also includes my spring breaks. I am proud to say that I attended all my classes this week, which is a bigger step then it should be for most, but it is a successful for one for me none the less. Trying to get through your last semester for your BFA with depression and financial issues has been rougher on me than I expected. Thankfully, I have three very caring and wonderful professors who catch up with me and have been such a big help for me with all the potholes that have along the road this year.


On a good note, I finally made the decision and took the step.....and bleached my hair blonde!

going from this:

to this:

I honestly don't know if I've gotten more attention on the minuscule campus I reside on, but it certainly is a refreshing and radical change for me. Even looking back on older photographs of my naturally dark brown hair, it looks sort of peculiar on me.

This was a result of a couple of bleaching, so I've been moisturizing and giving my hair some time before I do another go so I can ultimately go platinum. I'm hoping it will compliment my pale complexion, since I refuse to fake bake [tanning]. It was a much needed change in my life, also with a haircut both done be myself. I plan on going back to a professional hair dresser in the future to even out my hair and work their lovely magic, but for the mean time I bask in the liberating feeling I get when I cut and do my hair myself. I'm sure being an art student gives some creative leeway as well.

I would love to dye my hair purple again, and other funky colors, but I'm restricted with my employment at the moment. This was taken in 2008 in Canterbury, England when I studied abroad for a fall semester. At that time I decided to dye my hair purple, which was fantastic [though it sadly did not last long] and had my septum pierced [which is presently closed up].

Hopefully this weekend I'll get to some more bleaching after some serious spray painting for my installation piece with my brand new Montana sprays! Even though I dropped two weeks pitiful paychecks on them, their colors are worth it!!
Neat tattoo shop link*

No comments:

Post a Comment