Monday, March 8, 2010

lawbreakin'

daily melody: Yelle "A Cause Des Garcons"

[insert rant]

Today housed the infamous "Caroline-is-running-late-like-the-white-rabbit-on-her-way-home-and-must-break-the-law" trick that I find myself doing more often than I prepare myself to. Subconsciously I'm prepared for it because I consistently run late when I drive back to my home town for some priority [usually an appointment of some sort...] and end up speeding east on the New York State Thruway. I will say this, there is a slight enjoyment when my car is on the off-ramp of my exit and I know I've made it successfully. I did not get caught.

I do realize that laws are placed for a reason and the safety of other motorists will be in jeopardy, but I was running late at 85mph and needed to get back into Fulton County. Even if I am a citizen of this massive country so divided and governmentally controlled, I can promise you I will be a law breaking citizen to at least some particular laws, without harming others, and will be proud of it. And its retaliation for military convoys going down the Thruway, potentially hiding hazardous materials on public roadways.



My trip from Syracuse to Gloversville, NY

I'll be within the 518 area code for a bit and enjoy some very somber quiet time in my familys' home and hopefully pump out some illstrations.


As I was drawing yesterday, I felt artistically compelled to compose a fashion illustration, which I have not done since I last attempted to take a class on it. It got me thinking...would people have any interest or be drawn to stylized fashion paper dolls...? Or are they a past interest and just kinda old news...?



2 comments:

  1. I would still very much appreciate a pin up pirate ;) ya know, if you find yourself with some spare time. lovelove

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking of that, Shanna.

    I have completely forgotten!

    ReplyDelete