Thursday, February 25, 2010

snowed in - so draw!

daily melody: Bonobo "Dinosaurs"

Today it decided to be winter. Real winter. At least her in central New York the snow made the executive decision to precipitate; making the roads slick and shitty, my car getting stuck at two opportune moments today, and accumulating at a rapid pace. On a good note, for some reason I've hit a creative surge and have produced two new illustrations tonight!



I went through my supplies of sharpies and had to use two of my roommates. Sharpies are the basic tools of life for me and serve for sooo many fantastic projects and drawings. Along with my prismacolors they are my favorite tools.

I love where these illustrations are going. I hope to be known one day for these. And not just be a starving artist.

the work station.
messy.
yes workable. because I make it work.

I will have a better set up when I graduate. For now, I must make do with their lovely dorm environment I am in and just go with the creative spurts I receive!

oh! and if anyone knows of some good websites for making prints or artwork, please share the wealth of knowledge!

xoxo


2 comments:

  1. The 'Start the day your way' sign is great!
    Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first job was working at a Burger King. They used to periodically go through their plastic signs and toss out older ones or what they didn't need.

    I was always fond of them in a pop-art sort of way and kept some. This is just one of their little slogans.

    :)

    ReplyDelete