Thursday, February 18, 2010

do it - do it - do it now

daily melody: Hot Chip "Ready For The Floor"


motivation...motivation...oh where could you be?
my brain is becoming dull
becoming misguided
beguiled
dry
without passion.

I am not a sand dollar.


I have big plans for tomorrow! I am going to make myself become motivated and work, work, produce!

things I have planned:

going to the local hardware store
purchase plywood and varnish
begin car** piece
take a walk in the woods with a good friend
collect twigs and branches for project
sketch for graphic forms to cement idea
set up my new small bit of studio space on campus


I intend to accomplish this all....whether that becomes an actuality or not will be another story. I'm going to see if I can burrow one of my roommate's cameras for documentation for a fun productive day.


Maybe I'll go buy some wine in the afternoon and treat myself.
It will be Friday...


**car piece:

I recently became inspired by an older white car in passing in Syracuse at the recently mentioned apartment's driveway. I became very taken aback by the color of the car, and how people deal with the color white.

My plan for this is creating a collage/decoupage with a white car and placing it in an angelic, blessed atmosphere...using found materials, mixing 2D and 3D objects...putting a creation of man on a very high pedestal.

Of course...it isn't anything we do not do already...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On a side note, I have itching, itching, itching to get my tattoo! It will be a tentative first, but I have been patiently waiting, debating, and rationalizing this decision; and how it will affect my professional future. I would also like to add...how my family will take it as well (...conservatives...). I think this spring will mark a very good time and I think it will be within the next couple of months.

I'm scared, but very ready to be permanently painted as a living work of art.


No comments:

Post a Comment