Thursday, February 4, 2010

drawing a day: deux

daily melody: The Mars Volta "L'Via L'Viaquez

Before I went on a much anticipated art field trip
with two of my classes to see the various galleries in Syracuse, I began to produce this guy.
He isn't complete yet, but almost.
Where do you ask did the inspiration come from?

Well, my roommate and wonderful friend Christina went back home for the weekend a bit ago and asked around with her hunting friends back in Maryland. The result was the little beauty, which I have this odd love for.


I thought I would also show some of my in-progress ones that I mentioned yesterday. I don't know what to do with some of them yet.... I get so hung up on them or get a new idea that i just kind of cast them aside to finish another piece.

lady gaga inspired.

I need to touch her up a bit. I didn't like that she an unflawed face, but then after some alterations and decision making....the end result was making her look a bit too old then what I was trying to create. Still in progress.

Margot Tenebaum inspired.

Love love love love love The Royal Tenebaums! I was watching it AGAIN and really had the urge to draw my own take on the wonderfully attractive Margot. Still in progress.

And a Victorian inspired piece.
I love drawing crazy messy huge up-do's with lots of detail on the hair. Still in progress.

More on the way!


3 comments:

  1. ok so I know it's a little trashy, but there's this EXTREMELY well draw, intricate webcomic (it's about a Victorian-era inventor that makes a sex-bot for his wife?) -- think you'd like the linework quite a bit: http://jessfink.com/Chester5000XYV/

    ReplyDelete
  2. sex-bot? hmm sounds like the anime/manga called Chobits! Caroline, I Love Love Love your work!

    ReplyDelete