Tuesday, February 9, 2010

[insert name] x 500

daily melody: Empire of the Sun "Walking on a Dream"

Over the past two days I've been trying to construct a project for one of my classes, graphic forms. Trying to formulate concepts with materials that I couldn't rely to get my
hands on was tough...

I decided to paint while trying to keep the similar line work and staying true to my pieces. My friend Tesla said it the best, "paint requires more patience." And it serves true with trying to go large scale and having to switch between acrylic paint and the ink I so long to do completely. Of course it would require too much time, so paint is needed for the smart.

It's not done, but this is is so far.

I have drawn SOO much inspiration from this one naturally deteriorating deer skull.
I love it!

I am experimenting with my subject matter and growing darker in my illustrations. Whether this is a shift in maturity or just taste, is to be questioned. Either way it's amazing to be able to produce such fantastic work as of lately (and especially being presently sick....) and having it portray so much!

There is also a fishbowl filled with lime gelatin in the mini fridge with cut out piece of my name 500 times. It was all part of the assignment and the "incantation inspired" way I took it.

No comments:

Post a Comment