Wednesday, February 17, 2010

drippy is so fascinating

daily melody: Boards of Canada "Everything You Do Is A Balloon"

Some current drawings:


I started this drawing on a piece of paper I found in the apartment of my boyfriend's friend's. They live on the 3rd of 4th floor of this huge and very old apartment on Westcott in Syracuse. It's very inspiring sitting in the very cozy and open attic (which is their apartment) and feeling "at home." If you could picture an old cozy ski lodge's attic with fireplace, darkened wood, and open rafters then you might picture what I'm speaking of.


A pen drawing of an unfinished piece, which will be finished shortly when I come back to it. Thought I would at least present some bit of art I've been working on, though it's usually less than more.

And this is a close up of another drawing still in progress.
A personal take on "Little Red Riding Hood."

I really like the "drippy" look I've been creating, almost like a motif. I really enjoy creating series with piece, or just trying to connect works together that could work individually and as a whole (mainly in drawings...).

I'm itching to work large scale, if finances permit, to create a large scale painting of a girl with very drippy eyes. There's something alluring about soft drips...and something calming.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



I'm trying to keep this train on the tracks of convention and stay focused with school and with my art.

I'm trying to live and create without the heavy reliance of our currency.


I'm growing.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
edit:

It's 2-something am in the morning. I just finished my laundry at the 24 hours laundromat and still need to dreafully fold it. I find myself somewhere in between "I'm getting sleepy" and "I want to stay up and do stuff"...

1 comment: