Tuesday, February 23, 2010

anyone can be glamorous

daily melody: Black Eyed Peas "Outta My Head"

My piece is complete.
Please, excuse the poor, poor photography here...

untitled
Caroline Locatelli
2010
mixed media


The mixed media ended up being a combination of matt board, cut wood, a photograph, bedazzles, bits of a broken mirror, and wax.

Je t'adore.


I think I'm going to my good friend Kari's advice and submit it to the student show [Cazenovia College Juried Student Exhibition]. I'm itching to spray paint gold some more things I have about and seeing what else I can conjure up.

Also I am quite excited to sport my new dress that was a fabulous find at TJMaxx. Figuring today was the last possible day for senior portraits to be in the yearbook [lame college blahblahblah...]I made the decision to rock something funky, non-traditional, and more myself.

I had a lot of fun wearing this around this afternoon, getting photographed in it for senior photos and just kind of being flashy. Quite a bit of compliments were said, and it made me feel really lovely that I could stand out for something flashy and fun that isn't skanky or classless.


* * * *

Oh..and I just totally cleaned out my inbox on my school email. It feels oh-so good!

1 comment: