Wednesday, April 28, 2010

style from a spider

daily melody: Air "Sexy Boy"

Last week of school...the last week of structured-classroom with the specific confines of time and location will be ending. I will be re-taking a class I dropped during the summer with a very close and caring professor. It's all going to work out in the end.

In the mean time I finally sent my poor laptop off to wherever to get fixed. I've been holding off for the longest time and my dvd/cd drive hasn't been working and my hinges are wearing pretty badly. The poor bette is almost 4 years old, so I had it last minute shipped before my warranty gave out! I'm going to have to do what I can outside the invisible safety net college has strung me in concerning things such as laptop warranties, health insurance, and discounts.

On an off note my style icon and inspiration for the moment is Miss Spider from the movie James and the Giant Peach. She was my inspiration for a final project for my graphic forms class dealing with either fortunes or hand-to-mouth. Open-ended and delightfully harder than expected to go with.

source
source
source

I've got various sketches and what not of my illustration that I'll be inking up tonight! Final projects.....and Magic Hat #9 tonight...

I have taken quite the liking of depicting her eating handfulls of drippy vibrant peach.


No comments:

Post a Comment