Monday, April 5, 2010

how I spent my easter

daily melody: Hot Hot Heat "Middle Of Nowhere"

The holidays are always full of hassle and no-relaxation when they decide to come around on the calender for me. They are spent with the usual long drive home where homework and projects are pushed aside, but not forgotten and thus fretted upon in my head, long days spent with family members, and the feeling of a lost weekend when I return back to college.


My weekend commenced on Friday, not to a good start, with the topic of my future and commencement. Saturday was filled with working a double at Pier 1 Imports, but Sunday was spent [not home...which my family will not be happy with me about] at the art park with friends exploring found tree houses, bunnies, and grassy adventures with some bottles of Magic Hat #9.
I intend on stopping home to see my family one day this week and saying hello. It's not that my family is atrocious, I'm heading in a different direction and sometimes it's more frustrating to go home and be expected to fit back into my old life with a disregard to my blooming one.I love the Stone Quarry Hill Art Park in Cazenovia, NY more than life itself sometimes. I love walking around and seeing the same sculptural pieces I've seen for three plus years, finding new pieces that were just added, or noticing older pieces I had overlooked in the past.

It moves me, it relaxes me, it's where I go when there's no one else around....and I love it. Art and Nature are a beautiful combination.

I need adventures to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment