Thursday, April 22, 2010

...and the rest of the show!

daily melody: La Roux "Bulletproof"

I have to send a huuuuuge apology for falling into my little infamous lapse of posting...especially to leave readers in suspense from the opening of my show! Which went......SPLENDID!!!!

I luckily had assistance moving each television by a two-tiered cart with a fellow friend and visual communications major, Blake, who assisted in moving them across the street from the bowels of Coleman studio [in the basement] to the gallery. This was of course after 3 hours of pre-running around doing errands, picking up things, and whatever else was needed for the opening. Some of this included: my vinyl lettering of my show title and name, a table for my postcards, business cards, resume, and guestbook, a new dress [which was thrifted with the table at the Syracuse Salvation Army], cheese, crackers, pepperoni, humous [hors d'oeurves], screws for my deer mount, and any other minor things needed.

...oh and my postcards [which I sold for $1 each at the show] and business cards came in on time a day before my show! phew! that had been such a burden on my shoulders....

Here are some photographs care of Shanna of the rest of the show and artists:

My good friend Kari and her photographs of body and texture.Benjamin with his emotionally charged abstract paintings.

Megan and her pigment charged Bacon-inspired horse paintings.

photo cred: Shanna the fabulous!!

The show was up for 4 days and I de-installed Tuesday night to get the gallery back in order for the remaining 2 shows that will be in the gallery....I was the 2nd show.

I had my oral defense explaining my work, artist statement, and the process I went through to 3 professors [1 senior project, 1 chosen from Syracuse University, and one I chose]. I'm crossing my fingers I did alright on it....

I'm content that I had this experience and learned a lot as I went through it all.
I hope to show at many many more galleries to come.


Above all I am an artist.
This is what I am doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment