Tuesday, April 13, 2010

4 days....getting closer

daily melody: Thom Yorke "The Clock"

Now that I am finally ready to post some photographs I took of my installation [senior exhibition] in progress off of my lovely friend Sarah's digital camera, the piece has since progressed after a late-night work session last night.

I will be installing all-day Friday and the opening is this coming Saturday from 2-4pm in Cazenovia, NY. I just need to get through this, and finish my senior thesis paper [on televisions as a contemporary art form]. On a good note my postcards and business cards seemed to have finally shipped!! I have been worrying constantly on their arrival and if they would be getting to me in time of my show. These worries began when the estimated shipping date stated April 26th...4 days after my show.
here's to a week of little sleep and lots of creation!
Mediums: spray paint, acrylic paint, hot glue, found objects [television sets, deer mount-found of craigslist, Christmas light net]

It may seem a little perplexing to wonder why I am spray painting discarded television sets off the side of the road, and through generous donations...or why I have a taxidermy deer head also painted and dripping.

Through the transformation of my illustrative style and artisitic abilities I have found a common theme among my work that was not as strongly apparent to me before as it is now looking at my work from a retrospect. I enjoy personifying animate objects, man's little creations....giving a voice to an object that was built with none. In this case I am allowing the communication between the telelvisions and the deer to be presented, the relationship between technology [a creation of man] and nature.


The televisions yearn and struggle with all their being to become a part of nature, after being discarded-cast aside by the fickle nature of man. Nature, which will be represented all in gold will represent a true purity- the highest caste in the pyramid; above man which is above technology.


This has been the most inspiring and in-depth work thus far in my life...and I couldn't think of a better way to live my life.

More photographs and insite into the piece to come!

4 comments:

  1. your "insite" typo is adorable and so fitting -- we really are being taken in-site to see your installation come together. Absolutely cannot wait to see it Saturday, Lovey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you both sooooo much! More than I realize, I'm sure, but you've both been a wonderful help to me and support!

    <3

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the colourful tvs are fascinating!

    ReplyDelete