Thursday, January 21, 2010

cold weather & cold candy

daily melody: Coconut Records "West Coast"

Today could be summed up with a "brrrrrrrr!" Sometimes I forget I live in New York State and it can get really really cold! Style sometimes replaces practicality and sometimes those boots you are wearing are not the warmest for your toes. I'm sitting in my room with a lovely little mug of hot cocoa and a Valentine's Day York peppermint pattie...which is shaped in a heart!


image found here

I also want to mention a big thanks to my lovey Shanna, who is not only a fantastic photo girl but also a wonderful travel companion! She tolerated my antics and what not while we were oversees in Canterbury, England of Fall 2008.

She bid on and won two of my paintings at a charitable art auction my friends and I put together in this past December to benefit Two Smiles One Hope. It made me really happy that she was soooo excited for them! I plan to adhering them to some stable foamcore so they retain some sort of professionalism and stay in tact.

Some photos via Shanna in her suite.
Check out her other lovely photos and blog Panic Later!

They look darling and I'm happy to spread my art!

2 comments: