Tuesday, January 12, 2010

recipe: quiche cupcakes

daily melody: Passion Pit "Sleepyhead"

I finally had a day off from work (Pier 1 Imports) and was itching to cook something I new. I decided on making some tasty spinach quiche!

I love quiche and yet, I find myself not eating too much of it. As of today, I will certainly be making it more often because the recipes for quiche were more simplistic than I thought they would be. The recipe I used,found on the handy-dandy interwebs can be found here.

I don't own a pie dish so I improvised with a cupcake tin. If Texas can make some huge toast...I'm sure they make huge cupcakes as well and it makes me believe that is where this tin originated from. It would make giant cupcakes!
I used my giant coffee mug as a circle template to cute the pie crust (I used premade) to mold into the cupcake tin.I was very excited to see the finished product! Even though I forgot a key ingredient they still turned out delish and will be equally satisfying for breakfast tomorrow with a big mug of coffee!

I completely forgot to add the feta cheese that goes in the recipe, but it still turned out great! Nick and I just ate the crumbles with the quiche cupcakes anyway. I substituted fresh baby spinach, which I wilted before adding it to the mix, instead of frozen to make it a little more fresh and healthy. I also topped the little guys with a fresh slice of tomato that went so well!

Bottom line, these little spinach quiche cupcakes were a great veggie supper with a tall glass of organic milk with my love! And they looked just darling once we got them out of their tins.

I'm hoping to try other veggie quiches as well. The more vegetables the merrier!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I also bought two new fish today! I forget their exact species names...one is a calico goldfish breed and the other is a black breed. They're in a temporary home in our room on the old vintage dorm desk Nick found on the side of the road.

But they'll get their own separate post to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment