Wednesday, January 20, 2010

sleepingbag style

daily melody: The Shins "Phantom Limb"

I moved back into the dormitory in college again. It would have been yesterday, but I delayed my plans.


As I unpacked, through the course of the night because I don't like to do it all in one shot like a practical individual, I realized I forgot to wash my comforter at the laundromat. In fact, to even better the epiphany that I had, I realized my blanket is actually in the back of my merc (my Mercury Grand Marquis) covering the seat to protect it from two large televisions that I picked up!

For any of those who do know me, this seems like a normal occurrence. I do take quite an enjoyment of scouring curbside to see what lovely treasures I can find! In this case, I have been diligently searching for televisions for my senior exhibition, which I will be posting preliminary bits and pieces along the way. I intend to work with discarded televisions sets and outdated technology as an installation touching on consumerism and American icons.

To get back to the point...because of my lack of thinking ahead with bringing along an extra blanket I will be sleeping "camping" style in my bed with my sleeping bag.
So, as I finish watching "The Royal Tenebaums" for the night, I will be drifting off to sleep reminiscent of sleeping like a Girl Scout on camping trips with old mattresses in screen cabins.



note:
This isn't the first time I've been a goof and forgotten things like this. I will still be cozy and warm, and at least it beats an experience I had in London, piling clothes on myself in a friend of a friend's livingroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment