Sunday, January 17, 2010

recipe: 7-layer meatless tortilla pie

daily melody: Crystal Castles "Air War"

I decided to come home this weekend before starting my spring (and last semester of undergrad ever!) Can you tell I'm a little excited?

The rest of my family are still strong omnivores, so when I come home I usually volunteer to make a dish with supper. Either way I really enjoy cooking and always get excited to try out a new interesting recipe!


I decided to try this(from allrecipes.com)...a 7-layer meatless tortilla pie!


While I was grocery shopping for some fresh veggies, and the beans I forgot to pick up the picante sauce needed in this recipe....(yep...again) so I just substituted some salsa we had, which turned out just fine! I only used as much tortillas as I had which made two tortilla pies that were 5 layers tall. I baked them for about 25 minutes in the oven on a cookie tray. You can also re-hear this dish when you want another go in the oven again too!

It was a very simple, easy, and straightforward recipe...which seems to be a reoccurring theme lately. The dish was delish when I was all finished! My whole family and I polished through one whole pie with a side of some curry rice with veggies that I cooked up as well. Sometimes it gets a little tricky trying to get my dad to eat a no-meat meal, but even he was satisfied with the outcome.


When I remake this lovely little crowd pleaser I intend to add some chopped up onions, red peppers,corn, and mushrooms too. Because it was so easy and pretty quick to make it would be a great dish for parties, Daytona 500, or for the Super Bowl. And it was yummy to have a bit of sour cream with it too!


Sadly, I don't have any photos of my dish because I am still hunting for a cheap digital camera via eBay. The camera I use now and then is only because my roommate graciously lends it to me. I will be getting another one of my own....hopefully sooner rather than later!


I seem to be creating more "food art" than sellable art...but that will soon change.

In the meantime....happy cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment