Wednesday, January 13, 2010

modern day artistic drought

daily melody: Busy P "Rainbow Man"

I have had a severe drought of creativity and motivation for the past months with my artwork. Life, anxiety, depression, and just my lack of motivation have all put their own into the mixed concoction that is me...along with a dash or two of my own faults for the lack of creation for the fall months.

I want to change this.


As an artist, creativity is all I have. And without it, I feel like a dried up sharpie marker ready for the waste bin. (side note: for any of you who personally know my work...I do love my sharpies).This is a brand new year, and I am begining down a path of finding myself again and developing into a better, more aware, more mature yet equally creative and spunky Caroline.

I have my senior exhibition breathing down my back coming up in early spring that I have high expectations for. From this point on, I will continue to make significant headway with it as I work to making it live up to the ideas in my head and in my sketchbook.

These are the significant themes that I am working with for my exhibition:

consumerism
modern day society
televisions
icons
discarded technology
America
Pop Art

This is a recent untitled piece I have created on cardboard.
It's a start and something I will be going with to keep things moving forward.

I am very much inspired by the artist Nam June Paik and his work with televisions, culture and consumerism.

"Hello Elephant" Nam June Paik 2000
compliments of Wood Street Galleries

more work to come!
more inspiration welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment