Tuesday, May 18, 2010

a little catsup in your converse

current tune: Green Jello/Green Jelly "Little Pig, Little Pig"

Despite the fact that I'm currently out of the conventional sit-in-the-classroom-and-learn aspect of school, until my one summer course, I still have no clue where my time runs to. I'm sure it goes to a nice place with cocktails and good conversation. At some point in my life, I will join it and finally find peace with the occupation I've fallen into over the years of always running late...like the white rabbit.

I have worked on some illustrations, stripped, sanded, and painted both sides of the found door for my outdoor installation piece, cooked, cleaned, and adventured.

One of my possessions got the boot after 6+ years of high school hallways, grassy fields, camping trips, shows, all over Europe and back, and a whole lot in between that I'm sure I'm forgetting. They were my first pair of Converse out of the two pairs I personally own [the other lovelies are Mulberry]. It's a bittersweet ending to a pair of shoes that made me feel and look cool whether I was in the United States or backpacking in Germany with some of the best friends I have come across.

You were a great pair of shoes, Converse, with your classic simple form of canvas and rubber. My feet got wet and were very cold during many a time, but you always complimented any outfit I adorned-even my first fashion show when I modeled my own garments [freshman year fashion design major before switching to studio art]. You were good to me and I love you.

R.I.P Converse Chucks

Old, stained, and worn with love.
I could see my socks through the bottom! [for longer than I should have...I'm sure...]
I'm sure you can relate to any pair of trust favored footwear...no matter what they are. It's interesting how long I could not bear with parting with my silly shoes that could barely constitute as shoes...becoming so attached to the familiar and comfortable...despite puddles.
Yummy omelets and dishes were cooked and devoured.

I also just picked up a new Raw Foods cookbook at Barnes & Nobles for Nicholas that I'm eager to try out! I'm really excited to test out some of delicious recipes [some again- zucchini spaghetti!] with the coming of hotter days and nights and less stovetop/oven cooking.
Some simple tasty breakfast of cheesy omelett with onions, tomatoes, and assorted spices with mustard.

Nicholas has found that when you mix up your eggs with milk for an omelet, add a little dab of EEVO [Rachel Ray lingo for extra virgin olive oil] to the mix before cooking. We've been using a bit ever since for a fluffier, and more moist omelets!

Now that I finally have my little beauty [digital camera] I need to remember to actually take more photos...cooking, recipes, sketchbook illustrations, and my sculpture project!

happy tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. iiiii cannot wait for the sculpture photos. Cannot wait to see it all come together

    RIP little convey babies <3

    ReplyDelete