Thursday, May 20, 2010

bonne voyage, m'amie!

current tune: Suzanne Vega "Tom's Diner"

The last two days have been almost a blur between having the hardest trouble getting my carcass out of bed in the morning, work, starting a new babysitting job, spending time and seeing a good friend off, making cards and getting packages and envelopes set to be mailed, and working on my art. Sadly, the art aspect has been getting the short end of the stick due to sunlight [painting and spraying my door in the driveway] and being guiltily lethargic at times.


I get veered off the road I'm going down sooo easily when other "important" life-things come up...employment, groceries; etc.
...more art, more art, more art!
I write to-do lists, post-its on my laptop...but I still tend to wander and get a day behind.
What are some effective [and successful!] methods for a busy day on a full-mind with little time?


Yesterday after work I stopped to see a very good friend for her last night in town after a 5+ year stay in the same apartment [something I have yet to feel in my life...]. Her abode is an artwork in itself and it is a lovely, comfortable, and charming place where good conversation, art, shenanigans with her Bunzilla [her grey rabbit], and adventures are had. Though our relationship is still new, I am so thankful Miss Tesla Nicola is in my life and I wouldn't change any bit of her for the world!

Tesla, is also a very talented artist who works with installations [big-small], paints, illustrates, and has collaborated with a close friend for numerous preformance pieces. I admire her for her outlook, artistic style, and her beauty to find unique truths.

Her poetry and art adorns the walls. No space is left without meaning.
The charming abode and Miss Tesla with a bit of the beautiful pink strapless Besty Johnson dress I acquired that night from my friend and my mulberries.Dress up in the children's section of the Everson Museum during some time to spare between exhibitions and seminar [March-ish time]pretty desserts
...and the beginings of me going blonde about two months ago. oh my!
A little group dinner thrown together by our friend Kari at a quaint Scottish restuarant down a bit from our school.


I love finding people that you just click with, simply and beautifully.
Like many people I have few friends who I would call true; they make it worth keeping in contact with...and even worth the steep gas prices for trips to visit!
eeeeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment