Sunday, October 3, 2010

I smell autumn!

current tune: Daft Punk "Revolution 909"

October is here and I can finally indulge in this present year's new autumn attraction: everything pumpkin.


The cold days are moving in here in Syracuse, New York, and last night I actually had to bust out my black pea coat to ward of the nips and chills of the night transitioning into morning while I supported a friend's band, A Couple Strangers, that I saw with my roommate Zoe and a very kind monsieur who I've been seeing, Gregory. The rock bit isn't particularly my choice of music listening-but Amber, the lead singer, has become a recent darling friend of both Zoe and myself so I showed my support through all the heavy bass [non-electro related] and screaming.

As far as the pea coat wearing is concerned, I don't mind that too much as long as I'm warm on my dumpster diving travels, adventures, or evening walks downtown with people. I do have to say as soon as we started receiving shipment for autumn merchandise at work the urge to have pumpkin-flavored-EVERYTHING kicked in!! I truly am "falling" more in love with autumn each year and the comforting assorment of colors, scents, tastes, and warm beverages perks me right up!

It's been a slow begining, but I've got three pumpkins on the backseat of my Merc that I can not wait to make into a pie, cook the seeds, and carve!

Some pumpkin delights I've been devilin' in lately:


Strabuck's pumpkin spice latte
[I realize it's corporate, but oh-so delish!]

source

Pumpkin spice creamer

[probably cancer-causing, but again oh-so delish]
source

Pier 1 Imports spiced cake candle
[smells like a pumpkin pie-and only gets trumped on our caramel pumpkin candle]
source

I have made sure both apple and pumpkin picking were checked off the autumn to-do list as well as making [thus far and still more to come...] 8 homemade apple pies that were disributed to family and friends last weekend.

More autumn goodness to come!
Baked goods, church rummage sales, hikes, more apple/pumpking picking, haunted hay rides, mulled apple cider, and pumpking pie!

I sincerely hope your autumn is turning out excpetional as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment